Monday, June 2, 2014

Listen To Me Voice

Hebrews 5 says...
We have a lot to explain about this. But since you have become too lazy to pay attention, explaining it to you is hard. By now you should be teachers. Instead, you still need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word. You need milk, not solid food. All those who live on milk lack the experience to talk about what is right. They are still babies. However, solid food is for mature people, whose minds are trained by practice to know the difference between good and evil. (Hebrews 5:11-14 GW)

My husbands sitter growing up used to sit the children down after they had gotten I  trouble and say...now this is my "listen to me" voice as she tried to make them mind (mind is southern for obey).


     Yesterday in our worship service, we honored the teachers that are a part of our local church family. I started thinking of the teachers that taught me... God bless them!  I have always believed that the purpose of school is to teach us how to learn, how to pay attention, how to listen. Now that I am not in school anymore, my prayer is that God never has to go to His "listen to me voice" with me. Father may my ears be attune to Your still small voice.

Listen to your teachers. Mostly, Listen to Your God!

James 3:18,
Camelot

No comments:

Post a Comment