Thursday, July 2, 2015

Rahab Loses Everything?

Rahab said to the spies that Joshua sent to Jericho in Joshua 2:9
“I know that the Lord has given you the land"
Later we are told in Joshua 2:15
"Then she let them down by a rope through the window, for her house was built into the city wall, so that she lived in the wall."

And the first thing that happens in this battle --the "walls of Jericho" fall and crumble to the ground. All that she has is gone.
Do you think she at some point calculated the cost...or at the moment her house fell, was their regret, fear, or faith?

We know where she landed as the ancestor of Jesus, but in the midst of the circumstances, I can only imagine her interior life based on my own inward struggle of faith in spite of what I see. It makes sense that a woman of such faith as Rahab would be in the family line of Jesus.

At times my heart/strength may fail, but (here is the faith) my God You never will!



James 3:18,
Camelot

No comments:

Post a Comment