Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Safeguard Your Faith

One of my most favorite quotes by Mother Teresa is "The reason we have no peace is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other."

Philippians 3:1 reminds me of one aspect of this. "Whatever happens, my dear brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord. I never get tired of telling you these things, and I do it to safeguard your faith. (Philippians 3:1 NLT)

Do we have people that we have given permission to safeguard our faith? Even if it hurts sometimes. I do not love discipline, but I welcome it not only from God but through those that I know God has put in charge as an overseer of me. 

Are we bold enough to love those God has entrusted us with by risking the offense of the truth?

The army has a saying, "Be all that you can be." Many sergeants and generals ensure this is true for you in the army. Not in the same way but with the same outcome to be all we can be in His Image, our gentle Shepherd guides us, encourages us and redirects us many times through those that He has charged as shepherds in our lives. May we rejoice with this safeguard, and welcome the truth and the servants of God with open arms.

James 3:18
Camelot

No comments:

Post a Comment