Monday, August 18, 2014

See, Hear, Understand

 I am always super sensitive about drawing attention to the Holy Spirit because I know that He only wants glory given to Jesus. In my devotions this morning though I noticed a quote from the Holy Spirit. This is different from most quotes from the Spirit in that it is from Him and not a repeat of what the Father or the Son would say.

The Holy Spirit always points to Jesus, He is our Teacher and Counselor, you can hear that tone here. The Spirit really wants us to get it...

Hebrews 3:7-11

That is why the Holy Spirit says,
“Today when you hear his voice,
    don’t harden your hearts
as Israel did when they rebelled,
    when they tested me in the wilderness.
There your ancestors tested and tried my patience,
    even though they saw my miracles for forty years.
10 So I was angry with them, and I said,
‘Their hearts always turn away from me.
    They refuse to do what I tell them.’
11 So in my anger I took an oath:
    ‘They will never enter my place of rest.’”

God tests us, but if we constantly fail His tests then it reads here that we test Him or at least we did before Christ. 
In the journey of Life, it seems that sometimes we do not even have eyes to see or ears to hear, God forbid, but then sometimes we do, but we do not have hearts to understand.

Many years Almighty God did wonders for the eyes to see and for thousands of years, the Spirit of God spoke in various ways, through prophets and winds and fire. 

NOW, we have the immeasurable privilege of our journey in light of the cross. In light of the Jesus Christ who opens the eyes of the blind, and heals cut off ears. He even replaces our heart of stone for a heart of flesh removing the shame and sadness of life and replacing it with joy and peace and hope and love.



REJECT HIM? how could we, why would we?

For believers, our hearts can still be hard or cold...is there anything you withhold from the trustworthy HANDS of JESUS?

For doubters, given the claims that Jesus made and the testimony of His followers, do you not think it very unwise and close-minded of you to ignore His claims, whether you ignore the subject all together, or just ignore hearing from Him? Why not listen? if your right then you've lost a little time, if your wrong, you're lost and there is still time.

Jesus loves you, yes, He does. Don't shrink back from Him, there is nothing to fear.

James 3:18,
Camelot 


No comments:

Post a Comment