Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Shine Your Light!

So God set another day. That day is today. Many years after ⌊your ancestors failed to enter that place of rest⌋ God spoke about it through David in the passage already quoted: “If you hear God speak today, don’t be stubborn.”

God’s word is living and active. It is sharper than any two-edged sword and cuts as deep as the place where soul and spirit meet, the place where joints and marrow meet. God’s word judges a person’s thoughts and intentions. No creature can hide from God. Everything is uncovered and exposed for him to see. We must answer to him. (Hebrews 4:7, 12-13 GW)

I remember in church in 1995, the Pastor Carlton Duck (Duckman) was trying to make a point. He asked the congregation to raise their hand if you accepted Jesus as your Savior the first time you heard about Him. I misunderstood him and raised my hand...

I attended Christ Church Episcopal School in Greenville, SC, so I had heard about Jesus most of my life, but at the age of 20 sitting in Thomas Road Baptist Church, I finally had ears...I heard and understood for the first time. The Word of God became personal. Like Hebrews talked about, "I heard God speak"

The lights came on and God began to speak to me about other things. My language, my habits, my attitude, my money, my active participation in His Body.

When the lights are on God speaks and shows me new glorious paths to walk and run. The adventure is real, hard at times, but real. But when I start to rely on my memory of what God has shown me...(you know like walking through your house in the dark, you can do it because you remember where things are for the most part with the occasional toe jam), when that happens, the adventure subsides and the fear creeps in.


Jesus, shine the Light of Your Word on me, into every nook and cranny, let nothing and no one be off limits to you. sanctify me, set me apart for Your work. All that I am is Yours, as it should be. Thanks for the rest this truth imparts to me. Amen.

(P.S. I saw how yesterday I set out to talk about Your Spirit, I looked back today and realized that You, Jesus, were glorified in spite of my initial intentions. Lord, you make me smile.)

James 3:18
Camelot


No comments:

Post a Comment