Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Tested and Tried Faith

It is a faith that has been tried and proved and has withstood the test. Abraham is not a type or an example of the holiness of sanctification, but a type of the life of faith-a faith, tested and true, built on the true God. "Abraham believed God. . ." -Oswald Chamber

Faith like the faith of Abraham only comes through the test. Jesus told the disciples of John the Baptist, "Whoever doesn’t lose his faith in me is indeed blessed.” (Matthew 11:6 GW).This was right after they came to Jesus with the doubt and confusion questions from John.

Then after speaking some more Jesus said to those around Him.

“Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. Place my yoke over your shoulders, and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble. Then you will find rest for yourselves because my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30 GW)

Wow, what a picture of a trial. We are called out by God, do not lose heart, do not grow weary, we are promised rest and a gentle humble Love that will fill the longing of our soul. Lord, may my faith be so tangible in my life that it is just shy of being my sight. 

James 3:18,
Camelot



No comments:

Post a Comment