Friday, November 1, 2013

It's All About Perspective

Yesterday I went into the local Christian bookstore to pick up a book. As I browsed a little I found this small advent candle holder.


I have been looking for one like this on sale for a few years now, a family style size set. 

Notice the broken candle. (Hence the Half price) Sometimes,for some reason, I go into the Thanksgiving and Chrstmas season leaning out, a little off. This year is definitely different. I am leaning in. 

I have so much to be thankful for. My daughter, of whom I am so proud of, is celebrating Christmas with us as a full time resident for the last time (probably). There are many other things to be thankful for. At different times throughout the season, we will spend time with all of the grandparents. We will have a chance to travel with this candle set to celebrate in Lynchburg, Florida and then home for the holidays. 

First, My daughter will light a purple candle, then my 4 year old nephew, the the pink one will be lit by Sam's mom, and finally the last purple one by my mom, lighting the candle for the last time at our house with my husband, my daughter and my mom. 

Truly my heart is swelling withe the verse inscribed on the little pewter holder... Prepare ye the way of The Lord. Mark 1:3

I know I know 55 days left til Christmas, 
Some say this is too soon, there are 55 days to go
Some say there are only 55 days left.
I guess it's all about perspective ... And Jesus of course!

James 4:14,
Camelot



No comments:

Post a Comment