Friday, December 27, 2013

Great Hope for Great Day


I went to my daddy's house. He spent 14 years building his home ar the lake.This home is where he hung his hats, all of them. Above is the hat stand where some of them were hung. I think back to all of the hats he wore depending on where he was going and what he was doing. Each hat had a purpose and he certainly had his favorites. 

As I looked back in my mind, I drifted to the pain in my heart as I missed him with many sighs, but my mind keeps drifting to the hats or rather crowns he has now. The Word of God names 5 different kinds of crowns for God's faithful children.
1. Incorruptible Crown (1 Corinthians 9:25) 
2. Crown of Righteousness (2 Timothy 4:7-8)
3. Crown of Life (Revelation 2:10)
4. Crown of Joy (Philippians 4:1)
5. Crown of Glory (1 Peter 5:4)

If you knew my dad, you would know that his crown stand in heaven is just as full. Eventually he will cast those crowns down at the feet of Jesus. Until that day, O Lord, may I live my life in a manner worthy of Your Name, Jesus, and my daddy's legacy.

Understanding my sign off in a deeper way tonight...James 4:14,
Camelot

No comments:

Post a Comment