Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Journey Continues...

I love how the Word of God allows us to peak into the lives of those who are His children as God speaks to us along our journey drawing us closer to Himself.
Beginning in Jeremiah 32 Baruch, son of Neriah is mentioned 22 times. God used him to bring the prophecies of Jeremiah to the king and also to write down the words of the prophecies of Jeremiah. Later as Baruch was writing things down, a word came directly to him. The shortest chapter in Jeremiah...
This is the message that the prophet Jeremiah spoke to Baruch, son of Neriah. Baruch wrote these things on a scroll as Jeremiah dictated them during the fourth year that Jehoiakim, son of Josiah, was king of Judah. Jeremiah said, “This is what the Lord God of Israel says to you, Baruch: You said, ‘I’m so miserable! The Lord has added grief to my pain. I’m worn out from groaning. I can’t find any rest.’
“Say this to Baruch, ‘This is what the Lord says: I will tear down what I have built. I will uproot what I have planted throughout the earth. Are you looking for great things for yourself? Don’t look for them, because I’m going to bring disaster on all people, declares the Lord. But wherever you go I will let you escape with your life.’” Jeremiah 45
Baruch was worried because of all that was happening during his day. He was intimately aware of the prophecies. The Lord heard his whining and responded. The plans or great things that Baruch was looking for himself were drowning in this reality of seeming hopelessness. The reminder of life given and preserved by God changed things. We do not know the whole story of Baruch, but after that reminder things got worse, but Baruch now knew...
"Those who want to save their lives will lose them. But those who lose their lives for me will find them." Matthew 25:16
James 4:14,
Camelot


No comments:

Post a Comment