Sunday, December 29, 2013

Mist

You don’t know what will happen tomorrow. What is life? You are a mist that is seen for a moment and then disappears. Instead, you should say, “If the Lord wants us to, we will live and carry out our plans.” (James 4:14, 15 GW)


For many years my daddy saw this angle of his boat. Many years he took great joy carting around the family while they sang hymns on the lake at sunset. Many years pulling boogie boards and skis. Many years of trolling for fish sometimes or just dragging family very slowly in floats behind the boat. Seems like yesterday, but also seems so far away. I do not understand, but I trust. 

I have been signing my blog with James 4:14 since I began. It seems fitting to change today since the verse is seared in my heart with pain, but mostly with hope.

My dad lived his time carrying out the Lord's plan in his life, ministering to others and praying. I am the first hand recipient of The Lord working on my daddy's behalf. This mist I have left I want to be sowing peace and reconciliation. First, pleading with all who will listen, just like my daddy... Be reconciled to God and second, as evidenced by those my daddy touched be reconciled to each other. This was the cry of my daddy's heart, but more importantly this cry began in the heart of my Heavenly Father. 

Lord, may I help you bring in the harvest and reconcile the family.

James 3:18,
Camelot


No comments:

Post a Comment