Friday, September 20, 2013

Delight in the Overlap

The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
    He delights in every detail of their lives. Psalm 37:23 (NLT)

One Thursday each month, my pastor teaches a Sack lunch session. Yesterday, he was talking about how Oswald Chambers not only lived during the same time as Charles and Lettie Cowman, but they were good friends. It delights me to think  the authors of My Utmost for His Highest and Streams in the Desert were  lives that intersected and overlapped. How many times have those devotionals spoken and affirmed and overlapped in my own life.

This past Summer we had an indoor campmeeting where our staff pastors were asked to speak on portions of the Sermon on the Mount. Even though we did not talk ahead of time, God overlapped the revelation of Himself in a way that could not be planned.

I know that you could probably tell me stories of how God has done that in your life. Whether it is running into someone or calling them at just the right time, a word spoken that confirmed what God was already speaking in your life, a card that said exactly what you needed, or a still small voice in the midst of chaos that allows you to rest in the Hand of the Great Almighty God.

He delights in the details in our lives, it seems the more I delight in His fingerprint, the more I see Him overlapping in my life and the lives of those around me.

James 4:14,
Camelot

No comments:

Post a Comment