Monday, September 16, 2013

Yesterday I was in Kids Church and a little girl skipped up to me. She asked if I could put the straw in her Caprison. Of course, as a grown, capable adult that has opened countless juice packs, I put the straw in the bag and sent her skipping back to her seat. A few minutes later she came back up to me and asked me to fix it. As I looked, I saw nothing wrong with how the straw went in and nothing was spilling out, so I returned the juice with a questionable look on my face. She said, "Turn it over." ...Yep I had put the straw all the way through, she sucked and sucked and got nothing. (Back to the drawing board, o capable adult).

This week I'm resting in Colossians 3:15. "And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful." How many times have my circumstances run me through like that straw and in the moment that I am the most parched, I find myself sucking for all I am worth to no avail, forgetting to "LET" the peach of God "RULE" in my heart. Lord, in the desert times of my life, guide my straw to the great reservoir that is You.

A few more ways to mull it over...

  "And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful." Col 3:15 KJV

"Also, let Christ's peace control you. God has called you into this peace by bringing you into one body. Be thankful." Col 3:15 GWT

"And let the peace of Christ be ruling in your hearts, as it was the purpose of God for you to be one body; and give praise to God at all times." Col 3:15 BBE

"Let the peace that Christ gives control your thinking, because you were all called together in one body to have peace. Always be thankful." Col 3:15 NCV

James 4:14
Camelot

No comments:

Post a Comment