Saturday, September 28, 2013

Lose Something?

John and Betty Stam were missionaries to China. Their story is worth retelling. You can find the history of their story here. The part of their story that has impacted mine is a prayer that Betty wrote along her journey. You can see the evidence in her life.



Lord, I give up all my own plans and purposes
All my own desires and hopes
And accept Your will for my life.
I give myself, my life, my all
Utterly to You to be Yours forever.
Fill me and seal me with Your Holy Spirit
Use me as You will, send me where You will
And work out Your whole will in my life at any cost now and forever.
(Betty Stam's Prayer, modernized a bit)

 Wonder if this was the verse she was pondering the day her heart wrote this prayer.

The person who tries to preserve his life will lose it, but the person who loses his life for me will preserve it. Matthew 10:39

Lord, may I not just give you parts of my life, consume me. 

James 4:14,
Camelot


No comments:

Post a Comment