Thursday, September 26, 2013

Live the Adventure

Most of the songs that we sing in Kids Church have motions that go along to help the kids understand what we are saying and stay engaged. "Trust in the Lord", which is Proverbs 3:5-6 put to music, begins with the sign language sign for "trust", which is to grasp your hands as if grasping a rope. We add a little extra to it, which I like by leaning back as if to base our balance on the rope we are holding.

Galatians 2:20 "I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live I live by believing in God’s Son, who loved me and took the punishment for my sins." 

In light of the mercy and grace of God, based on His goodness and love, my goal is to hang by this thread, what I mean is that my whole existence is dependent not on my own balance or my own leverage, but rather on my faith, my grasp of Him, of His Good News, of Jesus. Knowing that He is holding me and making His dwelling in me. Sometimes I talk to someone, hear a song, or tell a story that reminds me of my zombie (walking dead) life before I received the Good News.

 The Good News
Jesus died for all people so that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for the man who died and was brought back to life for them. Whoever is a believer in Christ is a new creation. The old way of living has disappeared. A new way of living has come into existence. God has done all this. 2 Corinthians 5:15,17-18
 Thank you, Jesus! What an adventure my life has become!

James 4:14,
Camelot

No comments:

Post a Comment