Monday, October 21, 2013

What a Friend!

Proverbs 18:24 in the New King James Version reads, "A man who has friends must himself be friendly,
But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." In other versions of this passage the translation like the God's Word Translation it reads, "Friends can destroy one another..." We always sing about "What a Friend we have in Jesus. This morning I had this question on my heart, "What kind of a friend to Jesus am I?"






Friend can describe all different kinds of relationships, but Jesus describes His hope for us is that we would be He would be IN us and we would be IN Him. As a friend that sticks closer than a brother, He cares. He surrounds us with His Presence. He hears us when we cry. He longs for intimacy with us. He councils. He leads. He receives our countless cares that we give to Him. He is all that we need. 

As a friend of God, do I talk with Him more often than not, do I follow or even consider His desire, do I love what He loves and hate what He hates, is my mind stayed on Him?

Would He call me friend? 

Lord, I present myself to you. Give me the mind of Christ, lead me in Your ways. May I live my life and move and have my being in You. Thank you for being my friend. Amen.

James 4:14,
Camelot

No comments:

Post a Comment